When you share a Joomla article's link on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, it doesn't find the correct images and description from your site. Our plugin will fix that! Perfect Open Graph and Twitter Tags plugin adds invisible Open Graph and Twitter Card tags in HTML code with images from component, that Facebook or Google would know which image should display next to shared page description. This plugin works with all components. Images from Open Graph tags are also used when you click Like or +1 button.
- adds Open Graph tags with images and page details
- adds Twitter Card tags
- search for all images in component (not whole page)
- select default image when no image was found
- select default image for home page
- works with all installed components
- filter components for which plugin should run
- checks if image meets minimal Facebook requirements
- debug mode which displays added Open Graph tags
To check which images are inside component add at then end of page URL: &tmpl=component or ?tmpl=component.
Go to download page and try to share it on Facebook status or click Like button and Post to Facebook.
Joomla 2.5, 3.x
This plugin is not a Like button and it does not display any share buttons.
FACEBOOK REQUIREMENTS FOR IMAGES
The image must be at least 50px by 50px (though minimum 200px by 200px is preferred) and have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1. We support PNG, JPEG and GIF formats. You may include multiple images with your page.