When you share a Joomla article's link on Facebook, Facebook often doesn't find the appropriate images and description from your site. Our plugin will help you fix that issue! Perfect Link with Article Images on Facebook adds invisible Open Graph tags in HTML code with images from your article. Thanks to that Facebook knows which image should display next to shared page description. Plugin Link with Article Images on Facebook works only with Joomla! Articles, Category Blog, Frontpage/Featured view.
Images from Open Graph tags are also respected by Google+ and will be used when you click +1 button and share link on your profile.
FACEBOOK LINK WITH IMAGES FEATURES
- search for all images in article content
- use intro and full text images from article options
- works also on category blog and featured articles view
- use category image
- select default image for home page (if type of articles) and category
- filter articles categories for which plugin should run
- checks if image meets minimal Facebook requirements
- Facebook Like button in article
- filter articles categories in which Like button should be displayed
- adds Open Graph tags with images and page details
- debug mode which displays added Open Graph tags
- Google Analytics social tracking
To check which images are inside Article add at then end of page URL: &tmpl=component or ?tmpl=component.
FACEBOOK LINK WITH IMAGES DEMO
Go to download page and try to share it on Facebook status or click Like button and Post to Facebook.
FACEBOOK LINK WITH IMAGES COMPATIBILITY
Joomla 1.5, 2.5, 3.x
Facebook Link with Images does not work with K2, Zoo.
FACEBOOK LINK WITH IMAGES TRANSLATIONS
Facebook Link with Images backend is translated into English & Polish. Facebook Link with Images does not display any text on the front-end so you can use it on website in any language.
FACEBOOK REQUIREMENTS FOR IMAGES
The image must be at least 50x50 px (though minimum 200x200 px and maximum 1500x1500 px is preferred) and have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1. Maximum image size is 5MB. We support PNG, JPEG and GIF formats. Facebook scrapes your page every 24 hours to ensure the properties are up to date.