AutoTweetNG Open Graph Tags lets Joomla! sites tell stories on Facebook through Open Graph markup, automatically adding them to content pages.
_With AutoTweetNG Open Graph Tags plug-in, you can use proper Open Graph tags to drive distribution to your Joomla! site. Open Graph tags in your page’s HTML allows the Facebook Crawler to generate better previews when your content is shared on Facebook. _
AutoTweetNG Open Graph Tags plug-in adds a few hidden lines of HTML to your webpage, and users who share links to your content will create Posts with the defined information.
The basic Open Graph tags you should implement
In Joomla!, AutoTweetNG Facebook Open Graph Tags generates the recommended tags to drive distribution, and extra attributes available at CMS level.
- The title of your article, excluding any branding.
- The name of your website. e.g. IMDb not imdb.com.
- The URL that is the the unique identifier for your post. It should match your canonical URL used for SEO, and it should not include any session variables, user identifying parameters, or counters. If you use this improperly, likes and shares will not be aggregated for this URL and will be spread across all of the variations of the URL.
- A detailed description of the piece of content, usually between 2 and 4 sentences.
- The URL of the image that you want to appear when you share a link. We suggest that you use an image of at least 1200x630 pixels.
- The unique ID that lets Facebook know the identity of your site. This is crucial for Facebook Insights to work properly.
AutoTweetNG Open Graph Tags plug-in configuration for Joomla!
- Custom og:title
- Custom og:type
- Prio 1 image
- Prio 2 image
- Prio 3 image
- Image class
- Select custom image
- Custom og:desciption
- Custom og:locale
- Custom og:site_name
- Custom og:author
- Facebook App id